Telangana.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 08:08:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Wish You and Your Family A Happy & Prosperous  New Year.

Admin
6673 Posts in 2491 Topics by 2229 Members
Latest Member: shmuelyacobi
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Telangana.com
|-+  General
| |-+  Separate Telangana State (Moderator: mod2)
| | |-+  Andhra Pradesh or Andhra & Telangana
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Andhra Pradesh or Andhra & Telangana  (Read 11278 times)
KiranLinga

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2006, 01:03:52 PM »

Hi Guys!

This is Kiran Linga from Hyderabad currently living in US! I am an Indian, My Mother Tongue is Telugu and Hyderabad is my Native place. All my education was done in Hyderabad and Graduation from KU, Warangal. I have lot of friends in Hyderabad who came   from different places in Andhra and settled down in Hyd. Specially some of my good friends were from East & West Godavari. The Topic of Andhra, Telangana and the development of Hyderabad was discussed on numerous times and a lot of times turned out to be heated arguments with one of us losing the debate or withdrawing from the debate. But the important thing was we still remained the same guys we were for the last 20 years or so. The point here is Make a case and stick with it to make people understand what you are talking and the Significance of the point you are trying to make and for Gods Sake do not abuse each other for the reason he belongs to. We have been brothers all our lives and would remain that way cause Irrespective of Andhra Pradesh or Andhra & Telangana, we would still remain a part of India.

Now you all must have realized that i am a Telangana Guy! Do i support a separate state for Telangana YES & NO. Yes because i am pissed off by the kind of development happening in Telangana for the past 40 Years. Who is responsible for all this, Andhra Pradesh State Govt, Telanaga Politicians or the People of Telangana?
To a certain extent i would say State Govt, I am convinced that the State Govt of the past and present have been Inclined for the development of Andhra then Telangana for the reasons only known to the respective Governments! Take the case of the Fluoride problem in Nalgonda, the drought in Mehbood Nagar Dist for the past decade, The Naxal problems in the whole of Northern Telangana etc. I have not seen any (TDP or Congress) Government taking any extra attention to resolve any of these serious problems! How could someone explain me about the Fluoride Problems in Nalgonda where 20% of the Population suffers from one or the other Disability due to the Drinking Water? Does it take 40 Years to provide (JUST) Drinking Water to People where they do not have an option of any other source? What did all these Governments and the so-called Media did in highlighting the Problem! Nothing (You must note here most of the Media is run by a Small Section of people from one particular area)

In Contrast, A Cyclone Hits some districts in Coastal Andhra the whole Buerocracy is working Extra Time on the relief work, I am happy for the Govt response to Help effected People.  The only problem here, why the difference in the attitude towards relief in 2 different areas with same level of severity, infact the Problem in Nalgonda is more severe then the Cyclone, as a cyclone would not leave a whole generation of Disabled.

Yes because i want problems like these to be addressed straight away and am sure the focus on resolving issues of this magnitude to be much better with the formation of Smaller States.

Yes because i hate to hear people saying that Hyderabad is developed because of Andhrites! I came to US for a living, Does it make if i say, US is developed because of me! People migrate to better places in search of better living and we all know who is migrating to where! Sorry if i am harsh, but the attitude of some folks needs a kick in their Ar.... Once they were Kicked out of Chennai and i see that happening once again..............

Now negetives, Can any one tell me who is that leader who is capable of handling the Transition when separate Telanga happens, in the Whole of Telangana is there a single leader from Telangana who can run a State after Late Mr.Chenna Reddy & PV. I tried my level best to think of 1 name but am afraid i am not convinced to Name a Single Leader. The Leaders of TRS are fighting against themselves, they are fighting congress in the State and Supporting Congress in Centre. The TRS leadership neither has a vision nor a plan and the way they were wiped during the Municipal Elections only proves the capabilities of TRS and their support base at the Grassroot level. So by now we know the strength of our cause!

So if we really want to fight for a Separate Telangana, First find a Group of people who are locals, intelligent, intellectual, united and service oriented. Strategize media campaign; educate the people of telangana with the Vision and Governance of separate Telangana under this group. Start the grass root development work and win peoples confidence and then challenge elections. That is when all of us can support this struggle to make it a success! I can never support someone to become a Minister and make atrocious remarks (full of foul language) in the daily news rounds. If you all want to support this, Create a Group and work for the development of Telangana region and Separate State would follow soon, I would be very happy if the Groups work begins in Nalgonda & Mehboob Nagar to help the locals in whatever way possible. If I could change one mans life I would assume that is the Greatest Achievement of my life.
Finally you donít have to be Government to serve People and help the suffering.

Disclaimer: I am extremely sorry if I hurt anyone!
kasarlasatish

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 05:45:22 PM »

Hi Kiran,

I visited this site after long time and saw your post. I agree with you on this 100%. Good to see a nice and sensible post. I also live in USA but am very emotionally connected to telangana issue. so i would like to share some of my views as well.

Simple reasons why we need separate state:

1) Our destiny will be in our hands
2) If telangana is going to be still backward, atleast we cant blame others for it.
3) Serious issues like Nalgonda flouride problem, farmers suicides, water scarcity, naxal problem, region based discrimination, jobs for non-locals etc. are plaguing telangana for decades inspite of 55 years of united A.P.
4) Only hyderabad is developing in telangana(if you consider skyrocketing land prices, which i dont think is developement).
5) Smaller state is definitely more easy to manage
6) All the taxes collected and central funds can contribute to developement in our own region, unlike now
7) We have two major rivers, abundant natural resources. If we work hard we can definitely overtake coastal andhra.

Although i just came up with those, i am sure there are lot more reasons. All this might work only if we have a strong leader. Right now i dont see anyone(especially in TRS) who can really develop our region. I hope we get a separate state with a good politician as its head.

Also a quick comment on andhra people. I never understand why they oppose telangana state. If we have our own state, doesnt mean they cannot come and work here or they have to leave as soon as a new state is formed. They have every right to stay in hyd. and contribute towards its developement, although its pathetic that some people think hyd. is developing just because of some andhrites). So we all must unite to fight these forces(peacefully), leave our petty differences behind and strive for a separate telangana state.

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks,
satish.
srimanth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 11:44:46 PM »

Only separate STATE.
At any cost.
That is destiny, Pride & Birth Right. Evvadu emanukunna sare. JUST HAVE FAITH
JAI TELANGANA
juni

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 10:35:39 AM »

[ya its true seprate state is the only solution but people should have patience this is not the right time for a seperate state . the first thing is naxal problem until it is tackled we should not form state see for examle chattisgardh which got seperated from mp 5yrs ago now its a heaven for naxals second we didnt have a powerful leader third trs and bjp are just doing politcs we know the real face of bjp they didnt have anything to do now they then grabbed the telangana issue they are doing divide and rule policy in telangana they r saying seperate telangana and in andhara they are saying jai andhara did they think people are  foolish but the people r not so people shouldnt get provoked and last abt trs which is busy in tackleing its own internal problem did anyone thought what kcr is doing for telangana as minister no nothoing
juni

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 10:43:13 AM »

[yes ur right for many years telangana region has been neglected by various government particularly during 10 yr tdp rule but now i think the ysr government has done the right thing by imlpementing the go610 really it will help many people in our region . but remember one thing hyderabad is also in telangana region  i  congrulate our cm ysr for doing this gr8 work for telangana  i think we should get devloped first then think of a seperate state then
juni

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 03:49:44 AM »

[i think seperate state would create a mayhem everywhere because of these naxals .if telangana was seperated they would easily control the tribaals and the new state coulnd not stop them for example chattisgardh its a heaven for naxals even they are ruling a small part of state as a liberalised zone but being united we can fight . in case of backwardness even some andhara districts are even backward then telangana in my view a small state ia a heaven of problems
Kakathiya

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 01:07:26 PM »

Kiran, your post is very good. I agree with you for the most part, but I don't agree that we need a leader before we fight. We don't wait for leaders, but we make leaders, we are the people. My approach is not to depend on any political party, either TRS or BJP or any other party. We have to focus what we need to do then things will come in place. I am sure we can rule over selves much better than the current and previous governments. All these years with strong leaders ruling AP, what happened to Telangana? We have seen dead bodies (suicides) in our neighborhoods, people migrating to other places for work, starvation under the strong leadership of AP.† Despite TRS's political bickering, we would not have talked about Telangana developement, if it is not for TRS. I am not a member or nor interest in TRS, but the fact is everybody is talking about it including primer minister. We should give some credit to TRS.

Juni,

The nexalite problem is shifted to Andhra and Rayalaseema areas recently. I am sure you have seen news about attempt on a MLA recently and many encounters in Andhra and Rayalaseema. I am not saying it is not a problem in Telanaga, but it is growing in other areas as well. Small states are much easy to manage either law and order problem or concetrating on development work. I can tell you examples like Punjab and Haryana.
venugopal_alugoju

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 06:53:08 AM »

Hi all,

I agree with Mr.Kakatiya, when he said that , TRS deserves credit for bringing the issue to the forefront. But nevertheless, a lot more needs to be done. The naxallite issue as most others say , is not going to affect the development of the region, as much as it has been all these years. On the contrary, the problem would subside, once the problems they are raising are addressed and most of the issues they raise , directly or indirectly have a relation to the development of the region.

Having said this, I would like to urge the people of Telangana to come out and discuss the issue openly so that people unaware of the damage done to the region would also get involved. Let us spread the presence of this FORUM to most possible number of friends to increase the participation of more and more Telangana people in the process of development of our very own region. Problems were there , they are there and they would be there . It is 'WE' who have to fight for 'OURSELVES'.

Thanks,
Venu
kasarlasatish

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 06:24:19 PM »

I do agree that TRS deserves some credit for fighting for a genuine cause. Now to be a formidable political force in telangana, they need to first stop bickering all the time and be mature to regain credibility (especially brain dead narendra loses his cool and says things which embrass even himself later grin), try to resolve internal rebellion and be more democratic party (KCR acts more like he is a dictator). And whats up with the telangana jagrana sena. Are we fighting war or trying to achieve a separate state through peaceful democratic actions. I do want the TRS to be a major political force as that would make things real easy but they have a long way to go before that will happen. Also TRS openly supports naxals which is wrong.

Now as for naxalism, sure it wont go away as soon as telangana is formed. Its a socio-economic problem as well as some people trying to make quick money through extortion. Most of them dont have any idealogy as they kill innocent people without any remorse. This problem can be solved by reducing poverty, taking strict police action and also increasing awareness among people. This will take many years and has nothing to do with smaller or bigger states i think. Also the notion that developement cannot happen in telangana because its infested with naxals is not true and i think its more the other way around.

The reason i want new state is because andhras exploited telangana for 5 decades and robbed it out of its rightful share of water, natural resources, jobs(although it looks like YSR is taking care of this) etc. They(andhra and rayalaseema people) are in majority as even if TRS or any other party wins all the seats in telangana, andhra guys can still rule A.P.. Taking advantage of this the successive CMs have favoured developing andhra region at the expense of telangana (as their political fortunes and hence the ruling government, is decided by coastal andhra people and not by us). That also explians why we had only 2 telangana CMs and almost 10 from other regions and also why there are so many andhra guys in secretariat etc. If telangana becomes a reality, we can decide who should be our leader and overthrow him if he is not doing well unlike now.

Finally, YSR is an exception to this trend as he is trying to develop all three regions equally and this could be because of TRS, as they would emerge as major force if congress acts like it did for all these years.

These are some of my thoughts.

Thanks,
satish.

KiranLinga

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2006, 03:28:27 PM »

Hi!

Satish & Kakatiya! Thanks for the Positive Feedback. I would credit TRS for bringing the Seperate Telangana issue and gave it a National Prominence but my friends, isnt it clear that they are fighting this cause only for their Political Mileage, otherwise how would you all explain whatever has gone through for the past months within TRS. The reasons for my apprehensions on TRS is due to the fact that KCR & Narendra always talk about Telangana forming in weeks/months time, but never explain how. We all know how many years of Dedicated struggle created a Seperate State called as Jharkand! If I was KCR i would list the following and explain each achivement to the People on each of them!

1) What is the Timeframe to acheive Telangana
2) What is the Roadmap for acheiving Seperate Telangana
3) What are the Milestones
4) What are the Ballpark estimates for acheiving the milestones
5) What are the Priorities of developing Telangana
6) What is the plan to develop & deliver each priority
7) How do we address the Infighting of the Telangana Leaders
Cool If we do not have enough Political Withhold at the National Level, How can we improve it
9) Can we have support from the other party MLA's (I am sure leaders like Chinna Reddy, PJR, IndraSena Reddy are keen on Telangana) can we pull them into TRS. They are not small time leaders, so you have to openup and bring them into the Party to strengthen our struggle, I dont mean these leaders are ready to join but the question remain if we tried atall.

I am amused as not even a Single TRS leader, ever tried to communicate this to Telangana people. How do you expect People of Telangana to believe in the Party? Frankly i do not belive TRS!

Now coming to Development of Telangana, I have a single question to all & sundry. Can we list the development projects which were started by TRS MLA's in their respective Constituencies! What is the progress of these Projects! You dont need a seperate Telangana state to start the Development work and from whatever i got to know from the people no TRS MLA is bothered to even venture into common mans problems, forget about development! Dear Kakathiya, How do you expect me to support TRS.

Coming back to my previous Post, My main focus was to know if anyone on this forum is ready to do something for Telangana! I am visiting India on May 06th. I will be going to some Village either in Nalgonda or Mehboob Nagar to do something. I have send a Query to Nalgonda.Com about any of the pending Projects to which i can contribute something, but am still waiting for their reply, Similarly, if you guys have anything let me know so that i can do whatever i could!

My main agenda is the development of Telangana, I have nothing to do with the Politics or the Political Parties!

Disclaimer: I may be wrong in my assesment, would appreciate if i am corrected! but the above comments are based on whatever i could know from the People back home or from whatever i read in the News Round.

Regards

Kakathiya

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 07:24:24 PM »

Kiran, it is heartening to know that you are giving back something to our community. Good job and keep it up. We may have many questions to the politicians, but we have to understand the system and how best we can make use of it.  I agree with you that these TRS leaders should stop talking meaning less deadlines and emotional speeches with no substance. Five MPs cannot make a difference in the paraliament when we have  500+ MPs. They have their constraints, but they should be responsible. It is not a question of TRS or Congress or any other party, it is about Telangana. Even after Telangana becomes state, we see the same parties. But the difference in we have our own budget and we decide how to spend and most importantly how to make use of two rivers in drought areas of Telangana.
kasarlasatish

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2006, 05:57:57 PM »

Hi Kiran,

I have my own plans to contribute some money to a NGO working in medak, who are building a school. I appreciate your efforts to give something back to the society. Good luck in all your efforts. I would also request all the members here to contribute anything they can afford. I think that will make a huge diffrence no matter how small your contribution is.

As for politics in telangana, i would like to wait until congress commitee submits its recommendation. It would be interesting to see how congress tackles this issue.

Satish.
strao

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2006, 06:25:33 PM »

Congress doesnít want to rock the boat with Telangana issue. They love to keep the Telangana in a cold storage until next general elections. It not only gives 5 years of YSR rule, but also keeps TDP guessing.
juni

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 10:47:36 AM »

Kiran, your post is very good. I agree with you for the most part, but I don't agree that we need a leader before we fight. We don't wait for leaders, but we make leaders, we are the people. My approach is not to depend on any political party, either TRS or BJP or any other party. We have to focus what we need to do then things will come in place. I am sure we can rule over selves much better than the current and previous governments. All these years with strong leaders ruling AP, what happened to Telangana? We have seen dead bodies (suicides) in our neighborhoods, people migrating to other places for work, starvation under the strong leadership of AP.† Despite TRS's political bickering, we would not have talked about Telangana developement, if it is not for TRS. I am not a member or nor interest in TRS, but the fact is everybody is talking about it including primer minister. We should give some credit to TRS.

Juni,

The nexalite problem is shifted to Andhra and Rayalaseema areas recently. I am sure you have seen news about attempt on a MLA recently and many encounters in Andhra and Rayalaseema. I am not saying it is not a problem in Telanaga, but it is growing in other areas as well. Small states are much easy to manage either law and order problem or concetrating on development work. I can tell you examples like Punjab and Haryana.

yes i agree smaller states are easy to rule but i may seen the news whats happening in jharkhand ,chattisgardh in jharkhand naxals are blowing rail tracks hijacking trains do u want this to happen in our region .second did u know that in chattisgardh naxals are runnning a liberalized zone
ruled by them  do u want to live in that condition i think we should devlop first the backward people so that the didnt come in influence of naxals
srinu reddy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2006, 06:39:14 AM »

Hi Mr Kiran Linga i have seen your topic on this website
 it is exactly what have in mind , as i am also from hyderabad presently working in bangalore as soft eng
 really you doest know i am afraid of telling as a telanga person because the people may see you in different view
 they feel that telagana people doesnt know any thing and they say we not even speak good telugu
 and they insult you by imitating what we say  and many times I argued with some andhra people really they will insult you saying all this
 all polititons are from andhra and all Ciini heroe's is also from andhra .
 its really paining for me to explaning all this
 i doesn't mean that all andhra people are bad , its in the position we are in today
 i feel it may because of illiteracy in telagana districs .
 I must like to do something for this ,
for this reason  I request all of you just think of what we can do for what kiran has wrote make a proper plan and excute
 I wiill be there for any help we require,  i dont think we should rely on any politions

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: