Telangana.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 04:19:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Wish You and Your Family A Happy & Prosperous  New Year.

Admin
6673 Posts in 2491 Topics by 2229 Members
Latest Member: shmuelyacobi
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Telangana.com
|-+  General
| |-+  Separate Telangana State (Moderator: mod2)
| | |-+  Why Do we need a separate State ?????
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Why Do we need a separate State ?????  (Read 31909 times)
arjunrk

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2004, 09:14:06 AM »

Hello Every One,

I am from Hyderabad, but presently living in USA. I was keen and wanted to find out why do we need a separate State when we are a part of AP???

In the last few years Hyderabad was one of the city that was given maximum development efforts and it has been also developed. And even then I had no idea why any one would request a separate state.

I would kindly request any one who could answer my question.

Thanks.  smiley

Arjun Rumalla
312 UTA Blvd
Apt # 212
Arlington, TX - 76010
ph: 817-680-4439
krmngr

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 06:03:23 AM »

Arjun,

There are several reasons, why we need a separate Telangana state. First of all the State Reorganization Committee opposed merging of, then Hyderabad state with Andhra State. As you know most of people still depend on agriculture. If you look at the irrigation from Telangana.com = Irrigation, you will see a big difference. Although two major rivers are flowing through Telangana, the canal irrigation is very less in Telangana.

Telangana      Rest of AP

Canal Irrigation      20%         80%
Well Irrigation      66%         33%

Most of the Telangana farmers depend on well irrigation, and that turned out be a nightmare. The ground water in the wells dry up depending on the rain. Inadequate and irregular supply of power have caused our farmerís livelihoods miserable.

After all this development in 50 plus year, why Telangana farmers have to depend on the well irrigation. Why didnít Congress govt, or TDP govt (it rules almost 16 years) build canal system in Telangana? You cannot believe, the canal irrigation has been shrinking in Telangana since it merged with Andhra.

I watched a horrific story on Teja TV yesterday. This poor farmer was from Ranga Reddy district. His electricity pump got burned three times in a month it seems, because of electricity fluctuations and other reasons. When it happened fourth time, he could not take it. He spent most of his money on the pump already. He committed suicide, leaving behind a wife and a young child. Why our people have to suffer these problems after all these years. Where is the development outside Hyderabad?.

As you may know, India has lost 10 lash jobs in last few years. Out 10 lakh jobs, approximately 7 lakh jobs were from Andhra Pradesh and most of the jobs were from Telangana. How many jobs did Naidu create to compensate those jobs? A few IT jobs? Do our children have education to take up these IT jobs? We need to educate our children , help poor people and farmers.

It goes on and on........

Your comments are welcome.
ganeshv

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 01:14:18 AM »

Hi krmngr,

First i would like to ask few questions?

Who are responsible for the development of telanga? and who are the resposible persons for not developing telangana? I will give you few LIVE examples about the situations which i faced starting from my birth

Basically i belongs to Manthani (Karimnagar dist). I studied in manthani (govt school). This school is one of the best school which we use to say to everyone and there are innocent students and teachers who are committed for studies and nothing else. All of a sudden a group of naxalites came into the village and they blasted the school saying that they are doing all these things coz of against to the govt. And so far now there is no good school which has been constructed and it took around 5 yrs to construct again. is theer any relation to the govt and to the school.
Around 20 teachers lost thier jobs beacuse of this and 57 innocent students got injured.

I started my career in singareni calaries as asst.manager. there no one not even a single person works for the company. they say more pay less work. Is this the way to behave for the development of the company. See development should come within the people and the mindset of the people should change. I can give you 1000's of 1000's of reasons why telangana is not getting any project. DO u remeber or not naxals once they gave warning that they are going to blast srisailam dam. What is ans for this? Dont say that they warned but they didnt do? For the people who blasted the temple like schools its not a big deal for them to blast the dam? and most important thing is, do you think that KCR is going to bring seperate telangana for us. he is just playing the game with the sentiments of telangana people. The issue will be like a INDO-PAK Kashmir issue. Each and every person of telegana is responsible for not getting the right projects for telanagana.

Thanks and Regards

Ganesh Venkat
Manthani.
krmngr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 12:29:19 PM »

Ganesh,

Let me first acknowledge your town first. I had many friends from Manthini when I went to school in Karimnagar town. They used to tell me that there was at least one person from Manthini in each and every country in the world. I am proud of your town.

You have an excellent point about Naxalites. Are they impediment to the development? Yes, to a certain extent. I oppose to any kind of violence from anyone, no exception to Nexalites. They have to renounce violence and achieve their goals using democratic process.

Whom to blame for the development of Telangana? Let us start with ourselves, and our leaders. Our leaders were no match for the strong Andhra leaders(lobby).  Let me emphasize that it is the lobby, and it is not the common man in Andhra. Only few Telangana leaders were strong enough, but they chose to protect their own personal interests. PV Narsimha Rao miserably failed at the home, although he successfully changed direction of the economy at the center. He could have done so much to our Karimnagar dist. A hunger death occurred in his home town Vangara, Karimnagar Dist, last week. Chenna Reddy did his part of hanging to the power.

If you take any Govt organization, whether it is in Telangana, Andhra or Punjab, the working culture is always different. They tend to be more relaxed than in any private company. I agree with you that development should start within the people. But you have to provide them the tools that are necessary for development. You have to create an environment, where people can invest money.  

Let me give an example of development. Flood flow canal was approved by Indira Gandhi in early 1980s, which would have been benefited most of the drought effected Karimnagar Dist. N.T. Rama Rao had started Telugu Ganga almost at the same time. Compare the progress of the two projects. Flood flow canal is no starter. Chandra Babu promised in Huzurabad before elections that he would complete Flood Flow canal in 3 years. What was he doing for the last 9 years? He remembered Flood Flow Canal, because of KCR?  

With the KCR agitation, everybody is talking about Telangana development. YSR want to finish all the irrigation projects in 5 years. Do you think they would have talked about Telangana development without KCR? They have not done anything significant to Telangana except for Hyderabad for last 50 years. I am not saying that KCR is mahathma. He may have other intensions, but net result, everybody is talking about the backwardness. Now Chandra Babu is talking about GO 610, but where was he in the last 9 years? Why didnít he implement it?  As I said before our leaders are no match for the Andhra leaders.

We gave the united Andhra for 50 years and we are still poor and backward. Why not give a chance to Separate Telangana. Please let me know, if there is any valid reason not to create separate state. Smaller states are good for administration and for development. We will not stop talking Telugu, nor stop our friendship with our Andhra friends. There is no need to panic. After all we are a big happy family of India.

As always, Nehru had his share in Telangana problems. He could have made Hyderabad, just another Kashmir, if it wasnít for Sardar Patel. He overruled the State Reorganization Committeeís opposition to merger of Telangana with Andhra. I apologize for the big reply.

Regards,
-Krmngr
Sarath

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2004, 12:50:30 PM »

Hi Krmngr,

What do you do for a living? Are you a farmer? A agriculturalist? A student? A Teacher? A Politician? A Govt. Employee? A private Employee? A industrialist? A Businessman? Are you a Lawyer?

These questions must be annoying you. I know, I really don't want to make it personal but I want to get the point clear.

All these people categories listed above work for a living. They work to earn a daily bread. But when you want more than a piece of bread as daily meal, you need to think.

When you start thinking you see future. When you start thinking of only today's food, you just live up for today. Tomorrow you are back to square one, with nothing in hands.

When you think, you see future. In future you see life not as struggle but a success story. You see your family and dependents being happy. Being together. Now stop thinking about future and see where you are. You are fighting for a cause that is bringing in more harm.

In the last few months the total number of jobs in Andhra Pradesh and in particular, telangana region have declined. The price of the properties in telangana have come down. The list of industries and software companies are going down. All are moving to another areas in the country. Why?

The total number of educated families and educated people are moving out of the state in search of better prospects. Only the poor, illietrate, ignorant are being left back in the region. These people are simply suseptable to all kinds of harm. From political to Financial to Hunger and Famine.  When the so called whole state of Telangana is to face this, who will support you to survive? Execuse me, but you are totally making our country into a civil war ragged African states and countries.

Simply put, your family of telugu speaking people are being divided in what is said to be a noble cause. But in reality it is just a personal gain by some real maniacs. It is just like someone in your family not wanting your family to be together. They like you to fight at their advantage.

Cant you see that simple thing?

Tomorrow, if you get a separate telangana, I can assure you that it will be nothing less than a Bihar. You will find trains, busses and privates vehicles  being looted. You find kidnappings as most common events. There will be no value for us. All will start suspecting us when we stay or visit some other state. You will see private armies.

There will be more misery than anticipated and experienced. The profits the state is making from the so called rich andhras are being shared to a certain extent in other parts of the state. Tomorrow on what will you depend? The Central Goverment all the time? Are you willing to beg for their attention all the time?

Instead, by announcing a separate package for the telnagana region, you get to gain more. There will be no additional burden on telangana, it will be shared equally by all the regions in the state.

These Govt. Orders that were declared some decades back may not be right in the present circumstances. you cannot get your shirt stitched with the measurements taken when you were but a small kid. Do you?

As an educated individual, think. Then make a decision. Make a wise decision.

One of the reason the foreigners could easily invade India was because India had many small states/countries within. Each holding different opinions and personal grudges. Please don't make the History repeat again. Please.

Lets not get Fooled. Lets work with future in mind.
Sarath

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2004, 01:04:38 PM »

Hi Krmngr,

One more point to be cleared is, Do you want a separate telangana state because Ex CM, Chandrababu Naidu did not do any justification to Telangana region?

If it is so, as the previous replies say, you are into trusting the words of a politician whos is saying a separate Telangana state is required. Let me remind you that he was in a party which preached in being unitied (They had a single leader and all were following what the leader said. They were not like other parties with multiple leaders who often fight and pull each others leg).

Only when he came out of the party, because of a personal rift, did he realise that to gain a point he had to make a separate Telangana state. It is clearly seen as a political intrest. Not in public intrest.

Lets not get Fooled. Lets work with future in mind.
krmngr

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2004, 08:28:08 PM »

Sarath,

I appreciate your concerns for Telangana people. Let me give you my background first, as you asked about it. I am from a middle class agriculture family. I have lived with the drought over the years. I witnessed our livelihood going down year after year.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<When you think, you see future. In future you see life not as struggle but a success story. You see your family and dependents being happy. Being together. Now stop thinking about future and see where you are. You are fighting for a cause that is bringing in more harm.

In the last few months the total number of jobs in Andhra Pradesh and in particular, Telangana region has declined. The price of the properties in Telangana have come down. The list of industries and software companies are going down. All are moving to another areas in the country. Why?  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I donít know on what basis you are saying this. But look at the statistics and see for yourself, considerable damage is already done in Telangana in last 40 years. What else can happen? We donít have to canals, we are dependant on monsoons. We are facing drought for last 5 or 6 years. We are dead in the water. We cannot pay our loans; we cannot afford to send our kids to good schools.  What industries are you taking about? Most of public sector industries are closed by Babu, and making millions of Telangana people unemployed. What are you taking about jobs moving to other states? Are you worried about damn IT jobs, when millions of farmers are dying in hunger? Where are the new industries? Even all the hype, still Hyderabad lags Bangalore and Madras in exports. Do you know AP is least developed state in south India? Do you know Telangana literacy rate?

It is not fair to concern about Hyderabad real estate, which affects only a few thousands of people, when majority of 350 million people are suffering in rural areas.

When Telangana merged with India, there were 16 high schools in whole Hyderabad state, that too in Urdu medium.  At the same time, there were 16 high schools in Guntur distinct alone. Can you imagine, how advanced the Andhra people were at that time.

<<<The total number of educated families and educated people are moving out of the state in search of better prospects. Only the poor, illietrate, ignorant are being left back in the region. These people are simply suseptable to all kinds of harm. From political to Financial to Hunger and Famine. When the so called whole state of Telangana is to face this, who will support you to survive? Execuse me, but you are totally making our country into a civil war ragged African states and countries. >>>>

Educated people moving to better places is not a Telangana problem, it is whole Indiaís problem. There are more Andhra people in overseas or any other places than Telangana people. I donít agree with your statement. But I have seen unemployed youth from Telangana moving to Bomaby, Bhivandi, Dubia and other places from Mahabubnagar, Karimnagar and other Telangana districts. Do you know, they left behind their families (wife and children) and struggling to survive.  

<<<<<<<<<Simply put, your family of telugu speaking people are being divided in what is said to be a noble cause. But in reality it is just a personal gain by some real maniacs. It is just like someone in your family not wanting your family to be together. They like you to fight at their advantage.

Canít you see that simple thing?>>>>>>>>>>

No. I care about human beings. I care about humanity. I care less about my religion or my language. Are you going to stop talking in Telugu, if Telangana becomes a separate state? Are going to stop taking to your Andhra friends (If you have any), or are you going to stop talking to your Telangana friends, if you are from Andhra?

You DONíTí need a passport and a visa to go to Telangana. Donít you understand that? There are many Hindi speaking states in India. You donít have to be one state, just because you speak Telugu.

Smaller states are always better in terms of administration. The population has ballooned in last 40 years. It is time to make smaller states. Nothing is going to happen to Telugu language. I love Telugu as much as you do.  Separate Telangana will concentrate on the pending irrigation projects, which have been pending for last 40 years at the mercy of the Andhra leaders. We canít go on begging forever. We want to complete our projects, give us the decision making power. We want our jobs.

<<<<<<<Tomorrow, if you get a separate Telangana, I can assure you that it will be nothing less than a Bihar. You will find trains, busses and privates vehicles being looted. You find kidnappings as most common events. There will be no value for us. All will start suspecting us when we stay or visit some other state. You will see private armies. >>>>>>>>

Thank You, if you think we are lawless people and we donít have any culture, then that is your opinion.

<<<There will be more misery than anticipated and experienced. The profits the state is making from the so called rich andhras are being shared to a certain extent in other parts of the state. Tomorrow on what will you depend? The Central Government all the time? Are you willing to beg for their attention all the time?

Instead, by announcing a separate package for the Telangana region, you get to gain more. There will be no additional burden on Telangana; it will be shared equally by all the regions in the state. >>>>>

You think rich Andhra people are sharing wealth to poor Telangana people.  We always welcome anyone from India to invest in Telangana, whether they are from Andhra or Assam. When IBM, Microsoft and Oracle can invest in a different country, why canít someone from other state invest in Telangana?  

<<<These Govt. Orders that were declared some decades back may not be right in the present circumstances. You cannot get your shirt stitched with the measurements taken when you were but a small kid. Do you?
As an educated individual, think. Then make a decision. Make a wise decision. >>>>

I assume you are taking about 610 GO. The Go provides jobs for local people. You think the local people donít deserve jobs? Let them suffer?

<<<One of the reason the foreigners could easily invade India was because India had many small states/countries within. Each holding different opinions and personal grudges. Please don't make the History repeat again. Please.>>>>

You are confused. You are comparing apples to oranges. What happened when 3 new states created a couple of years back? You must be wondering china or somebody would attack, when we create new states.

<<<<
One more point to be cleared is, Do you want a separate Telangana state because Ex CM, Chandrababu Naidu did not do any justification to Telangana region? >>>>

I am taking about last 40 years, not one government.

Donít take it personal. Healthy discussion is always good in democracy. I apologize, if I offend you in anyway.

Take care.

Krmngr
gshankargoud

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2004, 02:33:46 AM »

Dear krmngr,

You are talking about 40 yrs of situations that are there in telangana. I would like to tell you the recent happenings as im not aware of 40 yrs of situations in telangana. What the bloody f***** b***** a****** central ministers are doing (KCR, Narendra and Renuka Chowdary) in central and being central ministers. Have you seen the recent central budget and Railway budget. is there any allocations for telanga. Any project approvals, any drought money.  You are saying that andhra's developed thier  andhra region. How about PV and Chenna Reddy. Why they didnt developed telangana. Have you been to siddipet where KCR is standiing. DO you know the status of siddipet in development. Dont make any day dreams that seperate telangana agitation is making a mark for telangana development.  When this has been started the companies which has to come to telangana has been moved to andhra. Do you need example for this. Volvo cars they decided to start the factory in MEdak District. After this agitation they changed thier views and planning to start in kakinada. The BPL iwanted to start thier TV Factory in Rangareddy district,. Now they moved to maharashtra. Same is the case with Videocon, Hyundai, T&T. You would be having a doubt who i am and how i know these things. Im an executive officer in State Industrial development.

Regds
Shankar
tadmin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2004, 12:21:20 PM »

We appreciate your participation in the forum. We always welcome constructive discussion. Please refrain from using bad language.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Admin
Telangana.com Forum
krmngr

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2004, 08:08:49 PM »

Dear Shankar,

Yes, I have see recent Railway budget. What did you expect in a few months, when other selfish people could not have done in 50 years. You are so mad about these people, when they asking for their fair share. Where were you all these years until TRS joined in the government? I am not supporting TRS or KCR. But at least they made awareness about Telangana problems.  I am not envy to the Andhra development. I want Andhra to be developed, and I will be happy to see my fellow citizens benefited.  I love my country and I want all parts of the India developed. What I am saying is, we need to same kind of development in Telangana. WE HAVE TRIED AND FAILED IN UNITED ANDHRA. IT IS TIME TO SEPARATE.

How about PV and Chenna Reddy? Good question. None of them ever ruled Andhra Pradesh for more than 2 years in a row as CMs. I donít want to divulge into details of what happened. I am sure you must have understood by now, who ruled rest of the 40+ years.

Have I seen Siddipet? I have seen many places where people are starving to death.    In last 50 years, all the governments have failed. We need a change. We cannot wait for another 50 years and destroy our families.  

You think TRS has scared the companies to other places? Do you read papers or is it pigment of your imagination? Sir (Exec Officer), there are millions of people, who cannot sleep tonight peacefully, because drought has destroyed their lives for last 6 years. They are not fortunate like you to get state governmentís salary. We need to think about them, not about the fortunate ones.

Thanks and regards,
Krmngr
gshankargoud

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2004, 11:09:32 PM »

Dear krmngr,

You have a very good point regarding the time you specified for allocation of budget. let me give you one small example. have you seen the newspaper at the time of budget allocation. Dasari narayana rao managed to get funds for west godavari regarding the checkdam that has to be builton godavari river. Panabaaka Lakshmi managed to get funds for the rearrangements of things on penna river and also got drought money for farmers. Do these people gone to parliament four years back or at the time of General Elections of Parliament? See, im not talking about politics, im talking about morality and humanity of the politicians. Have you seen todays news paper. YSR stated that he is going to start Pulichintala Project in a copule of fortninghts. Why he is not starting Sriram sagar. Why TRS people are not making any statements against to this. Again im not talking about politics here, mind it, im talking about the duties of the political leaders which has to be done on favour of us. These people announced before elections that they are going to die if pulichintala starts before sriram sagar. Now today they giving support for the consequences. We are in the loop line of seperate telangana, and we are thinking about seperate telangana, but we are not thinking about other factors that are there in telangana.

Mr Ganesh has stated a good point that development should come within the people. Yes, im assuming that he has stated in terms of politicians also. Because you stated in one of your replies that andhra's are doing lobbying kind of thing where we are lacking. Yes, you are also correct. That means our telangana politicians are waste. they are more conecntrating on self interests than regional development. So how we are going to achieve seperate telangana without political influence.

You stated in one of your points that we are fed up with UNITED ANDHRA and its time for SEPERATE STATE. First let me ask you one question, To how many people you have helped those are from telangana in your life time? At least a single farmer. Dont say that i helped my friend, my relatives kind of stuff. Or atleast have you consoled them. Be frank.

I need one more clarification from you, you are stating that seperate telangana leads to development of the state. Can you give me how it will happen? what are the strategies that we are going to follow for development. How ae are going to generate money? How we are going to get funds from central. How we are going to use those money.

Yes, people are dying with drought and also got destroyed their lives from last 6 years. Do you say that if we get seperate telangana, the state is going to be in a highly modernistic style and there wont be any drought situations and all peoples lives will be happy.  We are just moving into the battle by just holding a fox tail. Again we are still in the loop line of seperate state, we not making the realistic situations that are there in real telangana.

But krmngr, this is healthy discussion im not having any personal gredges on anyone, i like the thirst you are having towards telangana. Keep it up

Thanks & Regards

Shankar
gshankargoud

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2004, 11:28:00 PM »

And one few more points which i would like to add to my previous messages is :

The total revenue of andhra pradesh is 57,000 crores, out of which 87% we are getting from andhra and rayalaseema regions. Only 13% of the revenues we are getting from telangana. Out of this 100% total budget we spending 90% to state govt emplyoees, interests to finace taken from banks and into the pockets of politicians. Only 10% of the state budget is used for development purpose. and in this ten percent the telangana share is also included.  (All these things im talking with reference to statistics of budget)

And one more thing 74% of the total telangana people are against to seperate state (With reference to our recent elections statistics).
unitedap

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2004, 08:43:54 AM »

Why Telangana:
1. KCR does not have a Post where he can be the boss
2. KCR worked in congress and TDP, his selfishness never got him anywhere.
3. KCR wants to divide and rule.

If we go by same rule of underdevelopment, its logical to ask for separate state for medak, adilabad, karimnagar, nalgonda, rangareddy, khammam, mahbubnagar, warangal, nizambad.

simple logic why should one under developed be with one developed thats what KCR told recently yeah andhra is so developed it can be separate.

I want Hyderabad to be separate coz it is developed it should not be with underdeveloped why should you really need when Telangana needs to be developed, develop it from scratch why to take riches....

what these Napunsuks are doing is
1. Creating an atmosphere for no investments in state
2. creating an attitude in andhra and telanagana people
3. Filling their bank accounts with blood of state hood.

Do anyone really know where the heck KCR and his family is from.

Telangana Kadura Janmabhoomi Manadira.
Refer Site: http://www.unitedap.com
jagbabu

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2004, 07:42:00 PM »

Dear Unitedap,

I couldnít resist to responding to your post. It shows your lack of knowledge and your utter disregard for Telangana people.  Your choice of words is distasteful and unwarranted.

Telangana was forcefully merged with Andhra in 1950ís without consent from Telangana people.  Nehru had overruled first SRCís recommendation. First SRC opposed Telangana merger with Andhra, because it felt that underdeveloped Telangana people would not get equal opportunity in the united Andhra. It worst fears became reality even after 50 years.

There is a 500 hundred history behind Telangana, and its culture. Nobody is fool enough ask separate state for each district based on the development. It is not surprising that you have such ideas.

IT IS NOT ABOUT TRS or KCR. BJP, yes, Bharathiya Janata Party started separate Telangana in 1998. If it is not for both Chandra babu Naidu and Venkaiah Naidu, BJP would have stick to its separate Telangana song.

Look at Punjab and Haryana, how they developed after they became separate states.

Lastly, learn about Telangana before uttering about it again. Everything was making some sense in this thread, except your posting.

Take care
Jag
kyadav

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2004, 06:41:46 PM »

Unitedap,

Kya bath karra re? Abhe wo, kon hai napunsak?. Tu napunask, tera baap napunsk , tera dada napunsak.  Tu kaha rahatha bey, thu puchura, KCR kahase bholke. Teri isi ko thise.

Kya Jag Bhai, tum bi, in logonse, acche nahi rahana. Yeh badkav logon aise bhakthe rahatha hai. Wo bolra, subko Napusank? Kaha se aaya, ye chutiye? IskiÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ

Ek website banake nachra saleee, teri........

-K. Yadav
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: